You may have noticed there have been very few posts about BattleCrypt lately. The development has been somewhat on hold. I haven’t written new code for the game in a long time (but I have done art….see!!!).

ruin-tiles

Rough sketch of new tile designs.

Additionally, the BattleCryptGame.com site is coming down because I don’t have the time to support both my personal blog and a dev blog for the game. The domain will forward to my personal blog and all future BattleCrypt posts will be written here on my personal blog.

ruins-sketch-vs-tiles

Progression from rough sketch (left) to finished tiles (right).

That being said, the game is not dead and work has not stopped. I have been working on art a lot and refining my technique. I’ve tested some new tools such as Lazy Nezumi (AWESOME) and I bought a Monoprice 22″ graphics tablet (poor man’s Cintiq).

foliage

Statue with some experimental foliage added.

Honestly, it’s unlikely that BattleCrypt will make a lot of progress for a while. In the meantime, thanks for your continued interest!

Categories: BattleCryptGameDev

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

GameDev

Tiled-Based Stations

I’m hoping to release v0.4 of Masteroid next Friday, October 27th. One of the things I really wanted to indicate artistically in Masteroid is the huge disparity in scale that can exist in space. The Read more…

GameDev

Masteroid v0.3.0 Release Notes

Version 0.3.0 of Masteroid primarily focused on more interesting and exciting combat. First I fixed a common player complaint: selling your ship also sells all of your weapons. I implemented an inventory system and an Read more…

GameDev

Masteroid v0.2.0 Release Notes

This is the first release in what I’m calling the “Factions” build. This release focuses on increasing the depth and gameplay opportunities with factions in Masteroid. The player can now receive missions from factions once Read more…