Your stolen Tetra Fork skids out of aetherspace into the shattered rock of an asteroid mining operation. There’s no going back. You have a few credits, a tiny ship and a clean slate. Who you are, who you know…none of that matters.
It’s a bit lonely but you can relax out here. Where you go now is all up to you…
- WASD keys to fly
- Mouse to aim
- Left click to fire
- Spacebar to boost
- Mousewheel to zoom
Gamepad (Xbox360 or XboxOne, PC only):
- Left stick to fly
- Right stick to aim
- Right trigger to fire
- Left trigger to boost
- Shoulder buttons to zoom
Your HUD shows the state of your ship and accounts. The red bar is your health, the yellow/green bar is your current cargo, the blue bar is your current energy.
The ship icon button opens the warp menu, allowing you to warp to other sectors.
The “x” icon button returns to the title screen. Your game will be saved prior to returning to the title screen.
Death and Taxes
If you die in space, your matter will be collected and restored after a short period of time. You will warp back in to the same sector with a little bit of health. Any cargo you were carrying will be lost.
The game is automatically saved when you dock and undock at a station. The game is also saved when you click the “X” button in the HUD to return to the main menu.
Each sector is controlled by a faction. The station’s Info menu allows you to contact the faction for missions, repair your ship or sell cargo.
Bring resources to a faction station or complete missions and they will like you. Attack their ships and they will not.
You can warp to different sectors using the Warp Menu, available by clicking the rocket icon in the HUD. Some sectors are far more dangerous than others. The asteroids, ships and other elements in a sector may change as you warp in and out but the station will always be in the same area.
If a sector gets too hot, you can always warp somewhere more peaceful.
Stations, Ships and Weapons
You can dock at any sector station by coming to a stop at a dock. Docks are marked by glowing circle. Station menus have several tabs:
- Info: learn about the station, repair your ship, sell your cargo or contact the Sector Faction
- Weapons: buy new weapons for your ship
- Ships: buy new ships
- Equip: attach purchased weapons to ship turrets. If you sell a ship, your weapons will return to your inventory and be available to equip on this menu.
Details about the resale value of your ship and weapons will be displayed next to the purchase button so you can review the transaction before purchasing the item. The purchase button for ships and weapons will not be available if you do not have the funds to buy the selected item!
Tips and FAQs
- Stations don’t all award the same amount of cash for resources.
- Mining ships with full cargo holds will warp out, often leaving uncollected resources behind for anyone to pick up!
- Stations don’t all offer the same ship and weapon selection
- Better ships can be outfitted with more powerful weapons.
- If you need to wipe (or back up) your saved game for some reason, you’ll find it in a folder named “masteroid” in your user folder.
- The latest game data is fetched from our servers when you launch the game. If you do not have an internet connection, it will use a local copy of game data. An internet connection ensures you’ll have the latest content and balancing tweaks but is not actually required to play.
- Masteroid does not support controllers at this time.
- Masteroid does not offer multiplayer at this time.