This is a list of every Masteroid release name, version and general theme. Masteroid was first released in June 2017 and enjoys new releases on a roughly monthly basis. Originally, releases were named after their theme but as the game became more robust releases had overlapping themes. Going forward, releases are named in alphabetical order with a space theme.
- v0.1 “Foundation” (Jun/Jul, 2017) – Private betal release allows player to mine asteroids and upgrade weapons
- v0.2 “Faction Missions” (Aug 2017) – Added factions and faction reputation along with various UI enhancements
- v0.3 “Fleets” (Sep 2017) – Added fleets, more interesting combat and improved weapon equipping
- v0.4 “Stations” (Oct 2017) – Added unique, tile-based stations to every sector and started improving dev tools
- v0.5 “Sectors” (Nov 2017) – Overhauled all sector art using new tools, 15 total ships
- v0.6 “Weapons” (Dec 2017) – Overhauled all weapons and art, 20 total weapons, improved savegame system
- v0.7 “Andromeda” (Jan 2018) – Overhauled and improved all UI, fixed stability issues, improved error logging
- v0.8 “Betelgeuse” (Feb 2018) – Improvements and enhancements to both audio and visual game elements
- v0.9 “Cassini” (Mar 2018) – Deeper mission system, new music/audio
- v0.10 “Discovery” (Apr 2018) – Add content, improve content and generally add things to do in space!
Roadmap (Subject to change)
- v0.11 “Enterprise”: Add and update ships, ship creation tools and AI behavior.
* Major releases only, doesn’t include hotfixes or patches!